- Being a human being is weird. We’re not predetermined. Because we are free, nothing is required of us.
- All that we have, then, are our absurd commitments.
- Real commitment is shown when we do something difficult.
- The most difficult thing we could do is to believe in something completely absurd. That takes real commitment!
- Religious belief is completely absurd.
- Therefore, we should believe because it is absurd to do so. By this means we realize ourselves; we become, by our commitment, authentic.
Who said philosophy was difficult?
The tractatus comico-philosophicus. Dedicated to bring the wisdom of the ages to all, for why shouldn’t you be as confused as they were?
Copyright 2014 by Robert D. Shepherd. All rights reserved.