- Why Writing Science Fiction Is Impossible (a Science Fiction Writer’s Confession)
- History of Ideas: Background to Puritan and Pilgrim Protestantism in North America
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein: Notes Introducing a Debate Unit on Transformative Technologies
- How Do I Loathe Thee?
- Essential Reading | Book Review
Bob Shepherd on History of Ideas: Background t… Bob Shepherd on History of Ideas: Background t… Duane E Swacker on History of Ideas: Background t… Duane E Swacker on History of Ideas: Background t… Bob Shepherd on How Do I Loathe Thee?
- Follow Bob Shepherd | Praxis on WordPress.com
Monthly Archives: April 2014
“The drive toward the formation of metaphors is the fundamental human drive, which one cannot for a single instant dispense with in thought, for one would thereby dispense with man himself.” –Friedrich Nietzsche, “On Truth and Lies in a Nonmoral … Continue reading
The CCSSO explains: Education is Stairmastery The Council of Chief State School Officers, or CCSSO, has a new design for its website on the Common [sic] Core [sic] State [sic] Standards [sic]. The previous design was cleaner and more attractive, … Continue reading
How educational publishers PLAYED and PWNED a nation’s educrats and politicians (A term from the gaming world, pwned, a blend of pawn and owned, is a neologism meaning “achieved total control and/or domination over.” If an opponent uses you, against … Continue reading