Interests: curriculum design, pedagogical approaches, assessment, educational technology, learning, open source and crowd sourced educational materials, linguistics (syntax, semantics, child language acquisition, history of writing systems), hermeneutics, rhetoric, philosophy (Continental philosophy, Existentialism, metaphysics, philosophy of language, philosophy of mind, epistemology, ethics), classical and jazz guitar, poetry, the short story, theater, film theory and technique, archaeology and cultural anthropology, prehistory, cultural history, history of ideas, sustainability, Anglo-Saxon literature and language, systems for emergent quality control, heuristics for innovation
- The Coring of the Six Hundred (with apologies to Alfred, Lord Tennyson)
- For David Coleman, on the Occasion of Shakespeare’s 450th Birthday
- Will Wonders Never Cease?
- Our Boadicea, Our Jeanne d’Arc, Is a 79-year-old Grandmother, an Existence Proof of the Stupidity of Ageism
- On the Pseudoscience of Strategies-Based Reading Comprehension Instruction, or What Current Comprehension Instruction Has in Common with Astrology
Bob Shepherd on On the Pseudoscience of Strate… Bob Shepherd on On the Pseudoscience of Strate… stiegem on On the Pseudoscience of Strate… Bob Shepherd on The Coring of the Six Hundred… stephanielharper on The Coring of the Six Hundred…