- Why Writing Science Fiction Is Impossible (a Science Fiction Writer’s Confession)
- History of Ideas: Background to Puritan and Pilgrim Protestantism in North America
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein: Notes Introducing a Debate Unit on Transformative Technologies
- How Do I Loathe Thee?
- Essential Reading | Book Review
Bob Shepherd on History of Ideas: Background t… Bob Shepherd on History of Ideas: Background t… Duane E Swacker on History of Ideas: Background t… Duane E Swacker on History of Ideas: Background t… Bob Shepherd on How Do I Loathe Thee?
- Follow Bob Shepherd | Praxis on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Existentialism
Look at anything. Really, really look at it. And it will become quite strange. Here you are, for example. And all the past is gone. And all the future is not yet. You probably believe, in fact, in the instant … Continue reading
Older people are supposed to complain about the kids these days. Northrop Frye, the great literary critic, wrote in The Educated Imagination that one of the earliest written texts produced by humans said that children no longer obey their parents … Continue reading
Martin Heidegger Cares (Except When He Doesn’t) We didn’t ask for this crap. We fell into it, like some amnesiac thrown onto a stage, without a script, in the middle of a play already underway. (So, your first reaction is, … Continue reading